August 2011 Austin Texas Real Estate Statistics
Key Takeaway: Austin Area Home Sales Up by More Than 30%! For second Consecutive Month!
By the Real Estate Numbers – August 2011 Austin, TX
– Single-family homes sold, 33 percent more than August 2010.
– Median price for single-family homes, unchanged from August 2010.
– Average number of days single-family homes spent on the market, two days longer than August 2010.
– New single-family home listings on the market, nine percent less than August 2010.
– Active single-family home listings on the market, 22 percent less than August 2010.
– Pending sales for single-family homes, 19 percent more than August 2010.
– Months of inventory of single-family homes, 1.2 months less than August 2010.
– Total dollar volume of single-family properties sold, 31 percent more than August 2010.
Townhouses & Condominiums – Austin, TX – August 2011
The volume of townhouses and condominiums (condos) purchased in the Austin area in August 2011 was 215, which is 16 percent more than August 2010. In the same time period, the median price for condos was $162,000, one percent less than August 2010. When compared to the same month of the prior year, these properties spent 30 percent longer on the market, or an average of 107 days.
Leasing Numbers – Austin, TX Leasing – August 2011
In August 2011, 1,949 properties were leased in Austin, three percent more than August 2010. The median price for Austin-area leases was $1,300, seven percent higher than the same month of the prior year.