1601 E. 5th St. Austin, TX 78702
785 – 1233 square feet
Built in 2005
Saltillo lofts are a quality condo project that offers an incredible location, nice amenities, and affordable pricing in the heart of the burgeoning East Austin district. Located at 1601 East Fifth Street and completed in 2006, the project has been featured in numerous architectural and design magazines and become a staple of the revitalization of 78702. The style of the project is that of a walk-up or brownstone like those you’d find on the coasts, and it features 9 commercial/retail spaces on the ground level and creates attractive streetscapes with its attractive offset and stylish exterior lighting.
The Saltillo Lofts
- Completed in 2005
- 38 units across 3 Floors
- Units range from 785 – 1233 Square Feet
- One bedroom and two bedroom
- Parking: Yes
- Pool: No
- Fitness Center: No
- Concierge: No
The Saltillo Lofts are located at 1601 East Fifth Street in Austin, TX 78702 in the heart of East Austin.
The Saltillo Lofts Features
- The building is small, featuring only 29 residential units in addition to the 9 commercial spaces, and the units range in size from 785 square foot one bedroom one bath lofts to 1233 square foot large two bedroom two bath lofts.
- It’s located right across the street from the MetroRail stop (called Plaza Saltillo), making it one of the first transit-oriented developments east of IH-35, and combined with the pedestrian-friendly feel of the building the Saltillo Lofts create a vibrant urban atmosphere.
- The build quality is excellent and the project was designed for energy efficiency – it features highly insulated low-e windows and large window overhangs, light-colored roof materials, fiber cement exterior walls with a stucco finish, and cool low-maintenance hard-surface flooring (both stained concrete and hardwoods).
- The exposed structural elements and ductwork give the interiors a true loft feel, and allow for the maximum amount of natural light along with the very spacious and open floor plans.
- The two story units are ideal for artists, designers, or other creative individuals who are looking for maximum flexibility and the ability to work out of their home. The 1305 Lofts are also within easy walking distance of the nearby MetroRail station and just a few blocks from Downtown and the Hike and Bike Trail.